My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Friday 16 December 2022

Top secret plans for Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge XIII [AHPC XIII]

The bonus theme has been revealed for this years challenge and it is centered around a massive movie studio with smaller individual studios and Sarah's limo service. A limo ride will cost me one painted female figure and the limo will take me to any studio for which I have a pass. Each small studio grants  me 20 bonus points when I have completed the challenge associated with the studio. 

 


Now the map has not yet been coloured but when it is it will show blue and green studios. I will need to complete 4 green studio in order to get a blue pass so that I can enter the blue studios. Once 4 blue studios have been completed I will receive a red pass that grants me access to the big cheese who will then assign me a final challenge. 

So, what will I paint for this challenge? I have set a target of 3000 points which will be a challenge as I will miss at least 1 week due to a trip and I expect other interruptions since we are not in quarantine and therefore I suspect I will encounter social activities. 

Bonus round plans (in no order) and possible items to paint

  • Westerns                      Lots of these
  • Historical drama          Rome vs Germans
  • Fantasy                        Dragons
  • World cinema             
  • Casting couch              Pulp figures
  • Art house                   
  • Sword and sandal         Gladiators
  • High adventure             Far north adventurers           
  • 1980's                           UNIT, spies, Dr Who
  • Superhero                     Lots of those
  • Sci fi                             AQMF, 15mm Sci fi, aliens and marines
  • Black and white            Space marine bust
  • Books                            Frankenstein/Dracula  
  • Under construction       

As for the limo rides, well after painting 107 female figures last year I still have, maybe at least, double that left not painted, so that will not be a problem.

Just a rough outline for now, more clarity once the challenge starts!

4 comments:

  1. 江北武士浪人16 December 2022 at 20:14

    For World cinema, you might do something from Samurai films, Chinese or Korean historical series or ... Bollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 江北武士浪人16 December 2022 at 20:17

    Art house:

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_film

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the ideas, I may also need help with the alphabet challenge.

      Delete
    2. 江北武士浪人18 December 2022 at 12:05

      You're very welcome! And Under construction would obviously be a construction site, whether a Gangs of Rome temple, a Roman or other road, a bridge, a wall, or even a section of a temporary siege structure or earthwork (if it is cut neatly, the "under construction" section could be replaced in a game with a "built" or "demolished" section...)

      The alphabet challenge would depend on what you end up doing by studio.

      Delete