My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Friday 5 April 2024

Time cast terrain

 


So, a relatively recent purchase (last 3-4 months) that I thought I should get around to painting up. These are from TIME CAST and are a brown silicon/rubber material. They are very flexible, have a reasonable amount of detail and take paint well. They come in a variety of sizes and textures; rough terrain, marshes, fields and patty fields. These ones are technically scaled for 15mm/20mm figures and while I will use them for those scales they will also see service in a variety of other scales. I bought a four item mix pack of each type of terrain. So far I have completed all of them save for the marshes.


I used craft paints for this job, some from dollar stores. Base layer of dark brown then two lighter brown coats. The rocks were a series of grey paints (maybe 3 colours) then sepia wash and a final dry brush of a very light grey/white.

I then applied a watered coat of white glue and sprinkled one of my many flocks.

I used a different flock for each terrain type.


15mm sci-fi vehicle for scale

Next time I shall post of the marsh and patty fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment