My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Saturday 20 June 2020

Eureka Anubis figures painted (updated paint colours listed for bases)


First output in a very long time.
Nineteen figures in all, 5 archers, 5 one handed/shield, 6 with two handed weapons, leader, musician and standard bearer.




So these guys are all ready for a pulp game, but I guess it will have to be a solo game...

The biggest joy out of this, was my discovery of how to do a desert base that can tolerate! It started with me mixing a semi random collection of substances, from, a textured pre-mixed grouting, a couple of beige paints, and some fine beige ballast. In the end it came out in a colour that was almost identical to a folk art paint bottle that I already owned!

But so stoked was I by this, I wound up repainting the bases of any desert type figures that I could find (which is a lot) and I textured up any bases that had not yet been done. The end result of this sudden burst of energy is that I now have a uniform look to all of these figures, Some of these figures had been looking pretty crappy, wrong/ugly shades, half finished, badly flocked, etc. The new look will be very easy to replicate, and is fairly quick to do.









The basing material. Really all that was needed was the fine ballast, the glue and some paint. On the plus side it did create a variety of textures on the base. After all the mixing, and adjustments it came out pretty close to the paint shown




Golden brown paint works as the base for the, er, ah base, with the DecoArt Burlap colour as a dry brush of the bases base colour. Both were just paints that I had lying around the Burlap matched a suggested colour from the Flames of War Colours of War book basing instructions. Golden brown was just a serendipitous find.







2 comments:

  1. Nice work, on the unit and on the Nubian tomb! So, what is that colour of Folk Art paint called?

    ReplyDelete