My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Friday 28 February 2020

Some of this weeks output (minor update March 16)


So, not as prolific as other weeks, but still a fair amount of stuff got finished, and a goodly amount have some paint on them. I am most happy about the crypt entrance pictured above. It has been in my collection, for at least a decade, if not two decades. It was in  a bits box for the longest of times, before finally getting based, and ultimately primed.Then it just sat around in that condition for years.
No reason for this, just kept putting it off. However this new paint surge is mostly about tackling any long standing 'to be done jobs' No doubt I will find other items that need to be dealt with, hopefully nothing quite as bad as this simple bit of scatter terrain .





I have to say I am really enjoying the GW contrast paint line. I have no idea if they are that great on figures, but they make painting scatter scenery a real joy! Some, but not all of the following were painted with contrast paints. Certainly anything wood started with a contrast paint, even if later dry brushed to bring out some more highlights.




The above was not contrast just good old fashioned base and wash.


This guy was contrast, as was the smoke from the two braziers. I am not certain if this is going to be a statue, or a 'living' god, or both. As such I have not painted the eyes or nails, as I lean towards a statue.
 


The statue was just many layers of various metallic paints and greens. The base was also just various shades of purple with a wash.



Apart from the man, most everything here was contrast paint

Suspiciously surveying these evil devices

 

All contrast, with some painted details, and weathering.



Two contrast paints used as a base, then some other colours brought in to offer highlights.




So by my count 22 scenery bits done, but others just teetering on the brink...

No comments:

Post a Comment