My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Tuesday 11 February 2020

All Quiet on the Martian Front - Ragers

Didn't you kill my brother? I know you did...

So with the weekend deadline (pardon the pun) looming, what should I finish painting first but some zombie/rager type figures, that are not required for this Saturday...



Thankfully, I can say that at the same time as I was painting these figures I have also been working on the 25 bases of non raging humans that are required for Saturday. It certainly was more fun to work on these figures much more options and variety. I like how the smoke worked out, I did not want to over power the base with a dense smoke, but wanted enough to make it stand out.

They were all primed white, then I used Vallejo paints for the flesh. These worked out well, and left a nice hint of purple in the recesses, while leaving the majority of the flesh quit pale. In the end I did use some army painter toxic shader, as I was not certain if the purple effect was too weak. Now it may be too strong...

Oh well, I can always go back over it with pale flesh and white flesh sometime later, but for now I declare them done!

Used in sequence from left to right.

For the clothing I used whatever paint came to hand, so a mixture of craft paints, Vallejo, army painter zombie paint set and P3.

I used army painter zombie shader for the clothing and some toxic shader for any flesh. I was aiming for a strong but not bright hint of purple tone to the flesh.

It has been a long time since I painted any 15mm beyond basic grunt figures. These required a little more time, but as I said they were fun to do. 





That fat bastard front and centre again




No comments:

Post a Comment