My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Friday 11 March 2022

The 'great' mountain build of 2022 part 1

 Being a chronicle of the building of 

two quarter mountain boards

 and 

two lowland boards.

For no good reason I have decided to build an arctic(?) mountain board comprising of  four 2' by 2' styrofoam boards two of which will each have a 1/4 part of a mountain. Each mountain will be vaguely triangular, about 18" by 18" by 25". They will rise to a height of about 16-18 inches. Beyond that there is no real plan of attack. I know I want to incorporate some Woodland Scenics rock faces in the build and I want some climbable terrain be it paths or protruding rocks or both. But how they will wind up looking will be anyone's guess.

The final result will first be posted on the Analogue painting challenge site. I suspect this will likely be the last thing I do for this years challenge which will end on March 20th. While Tuesday is my normal posting day we the challenge has shifted to a post something any day mode, so while I ideally will have this done by this Tuesday, if it does not happen I will still have a few days left to get it done before the challenge ends.
 
I may wind up painting some more stuff for this Tuesday just to hedge my bets should this not get done in time. 

 






 

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment