My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Tuesday 8 March 2022

Post 11 is now up on the Analogue Challenge site

 

 

Featuring Space 1889 goodness and evilness...

Click HERE to get transported to the challenge.

The challenge is winding down and will come to an end on March 20th at midnight. I will have mixed feelings about this, mostly sadness as it has been the most productive time that I have ever experienced. Disappointment too because of the things that I wanted to paint that just never made it to the hobby table. Relief, as the self inflicted pressure that I have been under will be over but concern over the all too likely return of my normal inert, drowning in procrastination self. 

I do look forward to cleaning up the mess that I have made of my room and shifting the items that have overflowed into the non gaming room back where it all belongs. It will be nice not to have that Tuesday deadline, but I will have to come up with some system to replace the challenge. I really am happy that I have been able to do so much in three months and I want to keep that going. The possible return to gaming would certainly help keep my motivation going. 

I also look forward to finishing off some projects that I had started before the challenge started and were thus not eligible for the challenge. Some of those projects just need a few touch ups to be done. So hopefully we will soon see all my Pulp cops and Japanese naval troops done in early April.

I think I will try to maintain the, more or less, nightly painting that I have become accustomed to. From roughly 10pm to midnight works out fine for painting. I also want to stop the analysis paralysis that seems to grip me when I try to tackle build projects or really any projects be they scenery or figures. I have been very successful when a deadline looms over me, when the pressure is beating down on me I can get things done. No thought just get it done before Tuesday! This works well on certain levels but can leave some details off the project. Maybe I can incorporate the just get it done model and combine it with a post project review for any detail work.  The key being to not think but to act.

 

We shall see.  

2 comments:

  1. So, what Hub challenge did Tamsin set for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My challenge was to build a mountain, I did. They tend to gear a challenge to what you are interested in or want to do. I suppose I could have said pick anything and the chances are that I might have had something with which to complete said challenge.

      Delete