My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Tuesday 31 August 2021

Some Orcs and a few more Empire troops

 


 So, 52 more figures moved from the to do pile into the tabletop ready status. This brings the total for August to 112, which is very good for me, and when you consider I only started up painting again mid to late month! I am basically pleased with having completed these, they are not spectacular paint jobs, but they certainly are good enough to put on a gaming table. The Orcs came out better the the humans and I believe that is due to the fact that I used contrast paints on the humans, but painted the Orcs in a more traditional way. 



The cavalry are old RAFM warthog mounted Orcs (still available), while the infantry unit is made up of 16 figures from one of the ancient regiment of renown box sets; Ruglunds Armoured Orcs. There are also 4 cheap plastic Orcs from the Warhammer quest game with poleaxes replacing the weapon they used to have. They are of  a similar lineage and kind of blend in. (they are in the back rank so will come off first!)



The gunners are more Old Glory figures, split into two units of ten men each. I have 20 more of these to paint. Contrast paints are handy, but I do find that certain colours come out looking a little dirty. In the case of the pike men I did go over the yellow to brighten up the colours, I have not done that with these figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment