My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Monday 1 February 2021

First item for 2021 finished, oddly not one of the items that I posted about yesterday

 So, today I was suddenly inspired to paint this old bit of GW scenery, thankfully it was already primed black, so I could get right into it. I also spread some more paint over some of the other GW items from yesterdays post, and dry brushed some metallic paint onto the Ork Trukk.

I have not yet decided if I will add flock or just leave the earth areas dry brushed. I like how it turned out, for the most part. Some issues with the rust and I can see where I need to touch up a few details, but overall, I am cool with the paint job. The trees were primed black, then over brushed with a blueish grey, dry brushed with a craft deadwood grey/white, and finally a very light purple wash to add a hint of colour to the trees.


I have a bigger issue with the scenery model itself. I am not happy with how the rhino is positioned on the model. To my mind it would have been a lot better if there had been a base under the rhino, so that I do not look through the roof doors and see the table surface. Also the profile picture (above) shows the open area where the rhino and the rest of the base meet. Not the best look and I think I will be basing this scenery on a piece of hardboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment