My take on this aspect of the table top gaming experience. Not an expert just one person trying to do what he can & trying to demonstrate that anyone can do it.

Saturday 13 February 2021

Games Workshop Wall of Matyrs; Defence line, Bunker and Defence emplacement

 

I am very happy to see this project done! They are nice enough models, but all the extra little details were annoying and not worth the effort.




The details of the bunker and the floors and walls of the trench are not the problem, they are very nice. The thickness of the plastic gives the model a solid, sturdy feel. My issue is with the skulls, guns, helmets, and assorted detritus embedded into the base of all three sets. They were extra details that needed to be painted, but they were not detailed details, The small bits just grow out of nondescript plastic carvings, possibly rocks? I would have been far happier if the sets were devoid of this extra detail, and should I have desired I could have added in what details I wanted. But such was not the case, oh well, I did what I could to paint these details. The chests, and barrel etc, were not a problem, those details were welcomed, and not a challenge.

 



In the end I added textured dirt/mud to the base to cover the weak ground carvings and to better blend the extra details into the whole.






 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment